September 23, 2022
Hello Greenwood Families,
Crisp, cool air is a refreshing reminder of the beginning of our seasonal change and the progression of our school year. As we get set for our Homecoming weekend, please share in some informational items:
1. HOMECOMING - Homecoming festivities will be held tomorrow, Saturday, September 24th. We will begin with our JV soccer contest with East Juniata starting at 11:00am. Upon completion, the crowning of the King and Queen will take place to be followed by the varsity game against East Juniata. Good luck to our soccer team and the homecoming candidates.
2. FREE BREAKFAST – On Friday, September 9th, Governor Tom Wolf announced that Pennsylvania will make it possible for all schools participating in the School Breakfast Program (SBP) to provide FREE breakfast for all enrolled students during the 2022-2023 school year, beginning with breakfast meals served on October 1, 2022. Thus, your student(s) is eligible to receive breakfast daily at school for no cost/charge beginning October 1, 2022.
This is only applicable to breakfast. Costs/Charges are still in effect for school lunches. Should any changes be made to lunches, we will be sure to pass that information along if/when it is shared.
3. TRAFFIC PATTERNS - Please be reminded if a student is a car rider at regular dismissal from the HS/MS and the lower parking lot outside the front entrance is full, please do not idle in the middle of that lot waiting for a student. Parking spaces will be available in the student lot in the middle of our campus. Please share with any individual that intends to pick a student up from school at dismissal time.
4. GREENWOOD APP – Our school district has a new app! Please download at your convenience. It provides access to cafeteria menus, news updates, emergency notifications and sports scores. You can customize your communications by selecting Greenwood School District and either Elementary or High School for push notifications. More information can be found on our website: greenwoodsd.org
4. DATES FOR THE CALENDAR: A few important dates to place on calendars from both of our buildings:
Sept. 24 - Homecoming Festivities
Sept. 26 - Elementary Fall Fundraiser begins
Sept. 29 - Elementary Picture Day
Oct. 6 - HS/MS Picture Day
Oct. 7 - Elementary Grandparents Day
Oct. 10 - Teacher In-Service – No School for students
Oct. 12 - PSAT administration at HS
Oct. 28 - End of First Marking Period
Have a great weekend and be in touch as you need.