Guest Teacher Program Available
Guest Teacher Program
Online Training is now available!!
Greenwood School District is pleased to announce an exciting new program where you may be able to qualify as a Guest Teacher in our school district. Guest Teachers serve as substitute teachers in the absence of the regular classroom teacher. There are opportunities across all grade levels.
Why Become a Guest Teacher?
You will have a flexible schedule and the freedom to pick and choose the days that you want to work, and the building and classroom where you want to work. Most importantly, you will be sharing in the education of our students.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who holds a Bachelor’s degree such as stay-at-home parents or recent college graduates!
To qualify as a Guest Teacher, participants must:
- hold at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- complete the district’s new hire paperwork packet
- apply for an Emergency Permit through the Pennsylvania Department of Education (this will be completed in the District Office)
- receive board approval
- complete the district’s Guest Teacher training
The online training and building principal orientation will include topics such as:
- general information about the district
- lesson planning
- working with students
- working with students with special needs
- classroom management and professionalism
Guest teachers will receive $85/day for the 2017/2018 school year.
How to Get Started?
Contact: Nicholas Guarente, Superintendent at (717) 589 – 3117 or
- Online training credentials will be provided
- Additional paperwork and further steps will be communicated and scheduled