December 1(December 8--Snow date)
- Components to the Graduation Project introduced
- Due dates sheet distributed
- Students' career interests surveyed
- Information worksheet distributed
The goal of the Resume Develoment session is to develop a functional resume and references.
- Collect information worksheet
- Review due dates and ineligibility policy
- Distribute resume samples and reference samples
- Using PowerPoint, present guidelines for resume development, explain functional resume, and explain specifications for Greenwood's graduation requirement
- Distribute resume rubric
- Distribute Greenwood Gazette
The goal of the cover letter session is to develop an effective cover letter and envelope to be sent to a company to inquire about its job possibilities.
- Due dates for resume, references, cover letter, and envelope
- How to find out about a job
- Purpose of cover letter
- Direction and samples of cover letter and envelope
- Cover Letter rubric
The goal is to learn the proper way of completing a job application form.
- Purpose of the job application
- Sections of a job application
- Common errors and helpful tips
- Completion of Borders job application form using resume and information worksheet
- Job Application rubric
The goal is to prepare students for the mock interview project.
- Purpose of the interview
- Job interview tips
- Proper greeting and closing of the interview
- Proper dress
- Common questions asked during an interview
- Instructions for the mock interview day
The goal is to have students gain confidence and perform satisfactorily during a professional interview.
- Dismissed from school at noon; however, keep the entire afternoon open for your mock interview
- Bring along to the interview--information worksheet, 5 copies of resume, 5 copies of references, form of identification, black/blue pen
- Report to Room B-10 to fill out the job application form
- Report to interview room at designated time
- Interview schedule
The goal is to tell the students about the importance of following up their interviews with a properly written thank you letter.
- Results of interview and application feedback
- Importance of thank you letter
- Directions and sample of thank you letter
- Thank you letter rubric